We’ve got a double dose of Jen from Deals We Like this week! She knows the Southwest Airlines’ Companion Pass inside & out and shares her expert insight with us. Her big deal this week is the current promotion run by Upside, which includes some FREE Bose headsets!. Seth from Wandering Aramean gives a dig dive into the history of in-flight WiFi, why it seems like it takes forever for upgraded equipment and speeds and what the future of it looks like.
Thanks to our Sponsors
- 0:00 – Intro/News&Notes with Seth Miller
- 1:15 – Before you skip forward to the In-Flight WiFi segment (this show is pre recorded…cats out the bag!) – Seth clarifies why he was floundering and sounding like an absolute moron (his words, not ours)
- 2:10 – The $10k travel voucher for a broken seat
- 3:35 – VDB vs IDB with a related tangent about air travel consumer protections
- 9:50 – Debating the time limit of a storm and what
The difference between Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boardings & the science behind how much you can get based on your ticket price and length of delay
- 13:53 – What’s the Gogo secret phrase going to be?
- 14:20 – Seth Miller tells us EVERYTHING about WiFi in the sky!
- 16:20 – Why does it take so long to get WiFi on planes?
- 19:43 – A brief technical history of in-flight WiFi
- 26:00 – Bandwidth hogs – the known and unknown
- 33:15 – Jen from Deals We Like talks about Upside (and free Bose headsets!)
- 39:27 – All about the Southwest Companion Pass (and more Jen from Deals We Like – Woo Hoo!)
- 51:00 – TF2P – It’s Not a Rant…& Gogo’s Secret Phrase